Ashford Picturehouse introduces a unique Cinema experience to the borough of Ashford. Continuing the Picturehouse legacy of bringing quality blockbusters, art-house film and regular and diverse programming strands.
Ashford Picturehouse features a spacious foyer and outdoor and indoor seating. A large auditorium is available for affordable private hires and community functions in a relaxed and stylish space. Picturehouse takes pride in serving delicious hot food, an extensive drink menu, indulgent treats and healthy snacks, making the cinema a perfect spot for food, film and socialising.
The cinema has six screens, half of which are capable of screening 3D titles. Ashford Picturehouse is also the first Picturehouse Cinema to have a laser projector. This uses the latest digital cinema technology and is more energy efficient than traditional projectors.
The cinema is fully wheelchair accessible with a lift and disabled parking bays. Every screen will have an infrared system to play audio-described tracks (when available). This offers voice commentary, through headphones provided, which describes the film to those who would benefit.
Carefully curated regular strands include Discover Tuesdays, Vintage Sundays and Screen Arts, which will bring the best of live theatre from around the world to Ashford. The cinema will also host a range of community-focused, price-adjusted events including Big Scream, Toddler Time, free Student Screenings with E4 Slackers Club, Autism-Friendly, Dementia-Friendly and Silver Screen.
WWW.PICTUREHOUSES.COM/CINEMA/INFO/ASHFORD_PICTUREHOUSE ~ 01245 52152
Monday to Sunday – 9.30am to approx. 10pm
What safety precautions have Picturehouse put in place to reopen? As always, the health and wellbeing of their employees and customers is their number one priority. In light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and government advice, they have put a number of safety measures in place which will allow them to provide a safe environment for their employees and customers. This includes:
- A social distancing plan has been carefully prepared. All aspects of the venue have been taken into consideration.
- Film screenings will have staggered start times to allow for safe entry and exit of the cinema.
- Picturehouse are implementing new allocated seating in their screens to ensure a safe distance between customers from different households.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been set up for customers and employees to use.
- Their already high cleaning standards will be enhanced by a further cleaning programme designed to clean and sanitise the high touch points within the cinema. This will be undertaken by a trained team.
- All employees will receive specific COVID-19 training and PPE will be provided to where the risk assessment has deemed it necessary, in line with government requirements.
- Picturehouse have added protective screens at their kiosk areas where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Contactless payments are encouraged.
- Cafes, bars and restaurants will remain closed until further notice.