Elwick Place Macknade offers a dining experience, bar and delicatessen. It’s the go-to spot to enjoy freshly prepared produce with rich provenance for breakfast and lunch, delivered in a relaxed and communal environment.
Their shelves are also filled with all your larder essentials and the specialist ingredients you need to make delicious dishes at home. From fresh bread & milk to their iconic olive oil, choose from a selection of groceries produced right their on their Kentish doorstep and from a little further afield.
Stock up on fruit & vegetables and fresh meat from their butchers or explore their delicatessen, which is home to a fantastic selection of local & international cheese & charcuterie – perfect for a delicious picnic platter.
They are also currently offering select dishes and coffee to takeaway – please visit their website to view their menu’s.
Monday to Sunday – 9am to 5pm
(Food served from 9am – 4pm)
Macknade aim to make sure that everyone shopping and working with them feel comfortable and safe to do so. With this in mind, please see the steps they are taking to ensure their store remains safe:
- A maximum number of customers in the shop will allow the team and customers to observe social distancing. Macknade have created a queue system outside to manage this
- All Macknade staff have access to hand washing facilities and are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and often
- Macknade have hand sanitiser readily available across their store, which is also required upon entry
- Macknade have guides on the floor to ensure everyone is aware of their space, especially when queuing and shopping from their counters
- All trollies and baskets are disinfected after each use
- Macknade are currently operating a reduced number of tills to allow staff to maintain a safe distance between one another
- Macknade have re-arranged the layout to ensure you have a seamless & safe shopping experience
- Macknade encourage credit or debit card at the tills and contactless wherever possible
- All staff have been given the opportunity to wear masks and gloves
- Macknade staff have daily COVID-19 briefings to ensure their team remain vigilant, even as restrictions lift
- Macknade are constantly assessing government guidance, as well as working with several key partners in Kent share best practice, including Produced in Kent, Visit Kent, Locate in Kent, the Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses
- Macknade have instigated a full delivery & collections service for anyone who is self-isolating or would prefer not to visit the shop. Orders can be placed via their website here.
- Macknade delivery drivers have sanitiser, masks and gloves on every vehicle.
- Deliveries & collections are both contactless. Macknade delivery drivers will leave all produce in a safe place, which we will agree with you over the phone.