Carnival of the Baubles
Exciting News! Carnival of the Baubles is back to light up Ashford town centre this December.
Love Ashford and Ashford Borough Council in partnership with Emergency Exit Arts, Made in Ashford and a host of talented local artists are pleased to welcome Carnival of the Baubles back to our high street on Saturday 11 December.
You can watch a procession of giant illuminated lanterns and baubles decorated by children from local primary schools. If you want to get involved you can make your own Christmas lantern to use in the procession through the town or to take home and hang in your window. The family-friendly workshops will take place in The Craftship (opposite Made in Ashford in Park Mall).
The procession theme is disco and dancing, and this year’s parade will host a special appearance from Emergency Exit Art’s Disco Turtle – a giant mechanical puppet that will lead the procession full of glitter and light through the town, accompanied by the best disco tunes. The disco vibes will continue into the evening with a family-friendly disco party on the bandstand hosted by Ashford College students!
The day will also include live music on the bandstand and in Elwick Place throughout the day. What’s more, the fabulous young dancers from Liv2dance will be showcasing some festive dances to get us all in the Christmas spirit!
Please come along and support our hardworking local business community and celebrate what Ashford has to offer!
When? Saturday 11 December
Where? Procession starts at Elwick Place at 5pm and ends in the Lower High Street
- 10am – 6pm: Park Mall Makers Market – Christmas version!
- 11am – 2pm: Live Music on the Bandstand from Revelation Ashford
- 11.15am – 3pm: Live Music in Elwick Place
- 10am – 2pm: Public lantern-making workshop at the Craftship (opposite Made in Ashford)
- 4pm – 8pm: Evening Food Market by Kent Food Hubs (Lower High Street)
- 5pm: Procession starts from Elwick Place
- 6pm: Procession ends at lower High Street
- 6-8pm: Family disco and rave on the Bandstand
Offers & discounts?
- Macknade: Enjoy a large plate and a drink for £12 or a large plate, a drink and a dessert for only £16!
- Matches Sports Bar: 25% off mulled cider and kids hot chocolate for only £1! *after 8pm*
- The Snug: 10% off your purchase! *for customers that sign up to The Snug mailing list*
- Ashford Picturehouse: 10% off food and drink! *from 5pm*
*T&Cs apply, redeemable only on Saturday 11th December*
For more information on dates and locations for the Carnival of the Baubles, visit Love Ashford.