Make Scrambled Eggs & Serrano - Macknade Style!
Macknade know how hard it can be to miss out on enjoying your favourite dishes from their Cafe. So, they want to give you some ideas for how to recreate them at home! First up is their legendary Scrambled Eggs & Serrano!
6 x Free Range Eggs
100ml x Northiam Dairy Double Cream
8 x Slices Serrano Ham
4 x Tomatoes
Wild Bread Bakehouse Sourdough
Dried or Fresh Oregano
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley or Chives
1. Halve tomatoes and season well with S&P, a drizzle of Olive Oil & a sprinkling of Oregano. Grill until cooked through.
2. Beat Eggs & Cream together – season to taste.
3. Now it’s time to crisp up your Serrano – you can either do this in a dry saucepan over a high heat or under the grill (don’t forget to turn over!).
4. Cook your eggs gently over a low/medium heat until they are cooked to your liking (we love ours wet so it’s just a couple of mins).
5. In the meantime toast a couple of slices of Sourdough.
6. Plate up and finish the eggs with a sprinkle of fresh Parsley and a good crack of Black Pepper.
Share your pics on social media and tag Macknade!
Stay home, stay safe.